5 Tips for Buying Pearls Online
Pearls are the perfect complement for any occasion, they can give an original touch to an informal outfit or add shine and elegance to an evening dress. Thanks to the Internet you can have this supplement in just a few days and in just one click.
If buying pearls remotely may seem complicated at first, in this article we offer you 5 steps that will make your purchase on the internet a simple and satisfying experience.
Step 1: Find a reliable source
The internet is full of sites where you can buy pearl jewelry, but as in many other cases, not all sites that offer jewelry focus on the quality of pearls.
It may seem difficult to know if the seller and their products are quality or just the latest fashion design, but we have compiled a series of requirements that can help you select a safe online supplier:
- The company specializes in pearls and has been in business for many years.
- We can find detailed and truthful information about the product, such as the quality, type, color, size and other characteristics of the pearl.
- They have a strong return policy.
- They offer good customer service, both post-purchase and pre-purchase.
- Each purchase is accompanied by a certificate of authenticity.
- They provide at least one contact phone number and a live chat option.
- The company has many positive opinions on Trustpilot, Google, Amazon, etc.
Step 2: Set an approximate budget for your purchase
Setting a budget is essential when buying any jewelry, and the same goes for Pearls. Normally a brand specialized in something as specific as pearls will offer beautiful, quality products for any type of client and budget.
The most important advice to hit the budget when buying pearl jewelry is: Know well the different types of pearls that exist and their general characteristics. In this article you can obtain more information about How Much Do Cultured Pearls Cost?
If you are looking for high-quality pearls at an affordable price, we recommend you opt for:
- Freshwater pearls instead of saltwater.
- Silver instead of gold. Since the year 2000, the price of gold has increased by 500%, so it is normal for you to see a huge difference between a silver and a gold jewel.
- As a general rule, as the size of the pearl increases, so does its price, since they are natural products and therefore larger pearls are more difficult to obtain.
- If what you are looking for is a necklace, the length is also relevant, in similar qualities, the longer the length, the greater the quantity of pearls and therefore the higher the price.
Step 3: Choose the type of jewelry you are looking for
Once you have set the budget you are willing to spend, it is time to decide the piece you are looking for. In most specialized pearl stores, you can find a wide variety of products such as earrings, bracelets, necklaces, pendants or pearl sets.
If you're going for a classic and elegant look, round or symmetrical pearls, such as oval ones, are the best choice.
If, on the other hand, you are looking for a more original and daring touch, we recommend Baroque or Keshi Pearls, thanks to their irregular shape, larger sizes can be found at a more affordable price.
Step 4: Know the origin of the Pearls and choose the one that best suits you.
To understand the prices of the different types of pearls, it is important to know where they come from and which are the most valuable.
In general, the most affordable pearls are Freshwater Pearls, followed by Akoya and Tahiti Pearls, while Australian South Sea Pearls are the most expensive.
If you are looking for an affordable option without giving up elegance, the Pearls of Agua Dulce they are perfect for you. 20 years ago, the pearls that were extracted from freshwater mussels were of very low quality, but today, to untrained eyes, they are practically indistinguishable from other, historically more valuable types of pearls.
If you prefer pearls with a classic look, not too large in size, incredible luster and mostly Round or nearly Round, the Akoya they are your pearls.
If you are looking for black or dark-toned pearls, we recommend the Pearls Tahiti,
If what you are looking for is exclusivity and glamour, the Australian Pearls are the most scarce and valuable in the world, due to their large size, the scarcity of cultivation areas and the long growth period they require.
Step 5: Contact the brand and get advice!
The best way to adjust your budget and choose the product that best suits what you are looking for is to contact the brand, either through a phone call or live chat.
At Secret & You we are experts in Pearls, we continue with a family tradition of more than 60 years specializing in this sector and we have continued to study these magnificent gems at the American Gemological Institute. Contact us! We are delighted to be able to offer you personalized advice on any type of pearl you are looking for, questions that arise or gift ideas.
Finally, don't forget to finalize your purchase in the best way!
In general, a serious online business will offer you different forms of payment, allowing you to choose the one that best suits you.
Once you receive your order, enjoy your piece of jewelry and do not forget to leave a comment if you are satisfied with the product and the seller, it is a detail that any brand will greatly appreciate!